over the course of our careers, a lot of our shit is going to be sacrificed to the party gods. this year alone, our count is:
- 1 coat to the spare room
- 2 jackets, 1 purse and 1 iphone to pali house
- 1 iphone to happy endings
- 1 iphone to hotel erwin
- 1 pair of grey ants to the other room
- 1 scarf to the hudson
- countless credit cards at the hudson, the churchill, pali house and roger room
the party gods are sometimes unfair about what they choose to take. should they visit you, you will need to gauge the situation and assess whether or not it is worth the often futile mission of trying to retrieve your belongings.
- if it is 5am, you are leaving laidback luke, and someone is offering you a ride home, DO NOT EVER hold up the car full of people to search for your iPhone that has undoubtedly already been devoured by the party gods, or stolen by the dregs of society that are still left inside the palladium.
- if after you come home and realize most of the contents of your purse are missing, sure, a phone call to the bar the next night might avail you if the gods are generous.
- as good an idea as it sounds, if you are raging and decide you don’t want your purse anymore, try not to purposefully drop it on the floor and leave it up to the gods. they will not be kind. and neither will your friend who has to clean up after you.
- never trip too hard. if the gods visit you, play it cool. you’ll find it. if not, its just stuff. being upset is for peasants. don’t let ANYTHING, including your lost iPhone with all your naked pics, get in the way of a good rage.